BY ANDRES DIAZ
Coachella is less than a week away and festival goers are gearing up to hit the Empire Polo Grounds. Whether it is your first time at this popular festival or you just need a better game plan, take a look at our list of 10 things that will help you survive this crazy and fun weekend.
- Clothing: We all know how hot the valley can get in April. So whether you are trying to make a statement with your outfit or just enjoy the music, loose fitting clothing can be your best friend. Tanks, t-shirts, skirts, shorts, and dresses.
- Shoes: You can be fashionable but think practical. Consider the pain of walking and dancing all day. Choose comfortable shoes.
- Sunglasses: No one wants to be squinting at their favorite band, plus you look cooler with them. Wear good sunglasses to protect your eyes.
- Water: The venue does not allow attendees to bring in a full water bottle so bring in a refillable bottle or empty plastic bottle to fill up throughout the day.
- Phone charger: There are multiple charging stations throughout the grounds. The signal at Coachella is pretty bad and calling a friend to meet up or exploring on social media can kill your battery.
- Go explore: There is all kinds of awesome art and creations at Coachella, some that are even locally made.
- Meeting place: It’s a disaster meeting people last minute, find somewhere easy to meet your friends as soon as possible. If anyone gets lost (which will happen) it will save time trying call your friends with no cell service.
- Go in early: At least one day of the weekend arrive early. Coachella opens its gate at 11 a.m. and the venue is not as crowded. Some of the small name artists play this early and it will be a good time to check out some new music.
- Dance: If you feel like your dance moves need some help, no one cares. Be you and let the music take over, don’t let the opinion of others kill your vibe. Have fun.
- Don’t be that guy: No one likes partying with a jerk. Be respectful and courteous of others. You might even leave Coachella with some new friends.