BY CARLOS DIAZ
In this last edition of the food fetish review for 2016, the food fetish team headed over to The Slice located on Dinah Shore near Costco. The Slice has a very likable, comfortable atmosphere, with extremely fast and friendly service. The Slice also offers diners the best auditory experience, featuring music from legendary artists such as the Rolling Stones and Queen. One standout option The Slice offers is lunch specials from Monday to Friday from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., which the food fetish team gladly took advantage of.
Calzone with ricotta cheese and pepperoni with drink $13.94
Lunch Special $8.59
- Sizza with sausage
- Salad size in preparation to the meal
- Complimentary bread and butter as an appetizer was made from pizza dough which tasted great
- Pizza slices are New York style slices
- Pizza was very tasty and a had a subdued sausage taste
- Calzone was enormous and could easily feed two people
- Dipping sauce of marinara
- Food was beyond filling
- Hardwood seats were uncomfortable
- Delicious as the bread and butter may have been, the powder from the bread becomes a hassle to clean off your fingers
- Ricotta cheese presence was overwhelming in the calzone
We recommend this establishment to any group of hungry students. Even though it is mid-range in price, the quality and quantity make it worthwhile. The Slice is located in the Monterey Marketplace Shopping Center at 72775 Dinah Shore Dr, Rancho Mirage, CA 92270, right next to Regal Cinema 16, so you can catch a movie after a great meal. The Slice is also a great sit down restaurant where you can enjoy a high quality meal with your friends and family.